Yin yoga teacher training will change how you feel about slowing down and all other yoga practices.
This foundational program will immerse you in all things yin, the slower, cooler side of Yang. From the yin/yang philosophy, meridian theory, anatomy that is inclusive of all body types to learning at least three variations of each yin pose. You’ll get a full education in the type of breath for yin, chill cueing style, yin for pregnancy, holding space and many guided meditations used in this quiet practice.
The awareness that you will cultivate from this style of yoga, will inform any other yoga & meditation practices that you currently do. Yin is an exercise that will reveal how to find your center among the busyness of life.
- The origins and philosophy of Yin/Yang
- How to apply skeletal variation anatomy to yourself and students
- How to use props like you’ve never used them before
- How key joints, bones & tissues are affected by yin poses
- Understanding what influences the shape of a pose
- Identify & respect what is preventing you from moving further
- Breath & meditation techniques for yin
- Sample routines to use in your personal yin practice or teaching others
- Class structure and sequencing for yin or yin fusion classes
- Atmosphere of a yin class – pace, vocabulary, voice, and music
- How to support students with various needs
- Practicum for those interested in teaching
$1000 +5% GST Earlybird $1200 +5% GST Regular
Includes Tuition & Robust Manual
For Dates, Times and Location of the Next Training: SEE THE OVERVIEW 300 HOUR PAGE June 17-19 & 24-26, 2022 at RVN Wellness in Port Moody, BC
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite
Teacher: Lucy St John, M Ed, ERYT-500, YACEP