Traditions of Yoga: Sanskrit & Cultural Appreciation
Honour the roots of the Yogic tradition by learning the write and pronounce Sanskrit. Be courageous and open in a place of learning to find out how you can bring equity into your realm of influence.
In this 25 hr course, become more familiar with the ancient tradition from a culturally informed perspective. Find out the difference between sadhus in the present and some of the history of this unique and often unrevealed subculture in India.
- Introduction to reading and proper pronounciation of Sanskrit
- Sanskrit alphabet
- Mantra recitation
- Cultural appreciation and appropriation
- Navigating a changing landscape
- Understand the history of colonization and knowledge moving from East to West
- Be in a space where you can be safe to learn what you don’t know
$550 + 5% GST
Includes Tuition & Manual
For Dates, Times and Location of the Next Training:
SEE THE OVERVIEW 300 HOUR PAGE
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite
Teacher: Yogacharini Maitreyi & Lucy St. John, M Ed, ERYT-500, YACEP