Traditions of Yoga: Sanskrit & Cultural Appreciation
Honour the roots of the Yogic tradition by learning the write and pronounce Sanskrit. Be courageous and open in a place of learning to find out how you can bring equity into your realm of influence.
In this 25 hr course, become more familiar with the ancient tradition from a culturally informed perspective. Find out the difference between sadhus in the present and some of the history of this unique and often unrevealed subculture in India.
Become and informed ally and learn how to appreciate and have reverence for the yogic tradition and how it’s culturally situated.
- Introduction to reading and proper pronounciation of Sanskrit
- Sanskrit alphabet
- Mantra recitation
- Cultural appreciation and appropriation
- Navigating a changing landscape
- Understand the history of colonization and knowledge moving from East to West
- Be in a space where you can be safe to learn what you don’t know
$550 + 5% GST
Includes Tuition & Manual
For Dates, Times and Location of the Next Training: TBA – reach out to be put on the waitlist
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite
Teacher: Yogacharini Maitreyi & Lucy St. John, M Ed, ERYT-500, YACEP