Costa Rica is a tiny but incredibly biodiverse & peaceful country.
Join a small group of like-minded Yogis for seven life-changing days of Yoga, local food, beach-lounging & water adventures in this spectacular country.
We will begin each day with coffee, tea & fruit at the Eco Lodge. We will then gather as a group for an outdoor Yoga practice – expect to experience rejuvenation as you never have before!
A light, nutrient-packed breakfast will follow. Nidra Yoga Teacher Trainers will spend the morning learning theory. After a lunch featuring local ingredients, we will present a lecture series on the nervous system and Yoga Nidra
We will gather again at sunset for a delicious and restful Yoga Nidra class. As the evening begins, we will dine together at the Eco Lodge. There are various bars along the beach to be discovered after the sun goes down!
Sunday Feb. 27th to Saturday March 6th, 2021
Cdn 2700.00 plus GST- for optional Yoga Nidra Teacher Certification
All accommodation is two to a room at the gorgeous Drift Away Eco Lodge in Playa Avellanas, Costa Rica.
Please contact Niki or Lucy directly to arrange for one of the single rooms, if desired.
What is Yin?
• History & origins of yin yoga
• Difference between passive and active yoga practices, yin & restorative yoga
• Benefits & principles of yin
• Meaning of Yin – Intro to yin/yang relativity
• Learning to listen to yourself, and the benefits of slowing down
Yin Poses for the Lower & Upper Body
• Yin poses for the hips, spine & legs
• Learn your skeletal variation and guide others into finding theirs
• How to use props
• Key joints, bones & tissues & how they are affected by yin poses for the lower & upper body
• Understanding what influences the shape of a pose
• Identify the difference between tension and compression to understand & respect what is preventing you from moving further
Pranayama & Meditation
• How to weave various breath & meditation techniques into your yin practice and into your teachings
• Sample routines to use in your personal yin practice or teaching others
• Class structure and sequencing for yin or yin fusion classes
• Atmosphere of a yin class – pace, vocabulary, voice, and music
• How to support students with various needs
• Practicum for those interested in teaching
This program follows the standards outlined by Yoga Alliance.