Dedicated Practice is a 30 hour in-depth journey into how to safely sequence and present advanced asanas for public classes and personal growth. An in-depth practice of pranayama, mantra and yoga philosophy will enhance the postures as well as being its own aspect of dedicated practice.
This will not be an all-inclusive list of advanced postures; rather it will be a way to engage with advanced techniques and learn how to play safely within five realms: arm balances, inversions, forward bends, back bends, and twists. Each pose lives on a continuum; there are foundational aspects in every advanced pose, and a gradient of progression available.
Once we understand the direction of movement and how small steps forward can play within that realm, we see how we may be able to create sustainable progression within our own practice, or the practice of our students.
Our classes will focus on specific components of these realms to see how they are fluidly sequenced into a practice – complete with a conversation about how and why sequences for advanced postures are executed mindfully. We will then workshop the postures, experientially learning their various components and how to safely and successfully build them up.
This training is for all levels of practitioners; you don’t need to be able to bend over backwards to learn more about deepening your backbends! Learn more about expanding the realm of your dedicated yoga practice, and enjoy the process.
- Learn more about your body
- Exploring advanced techniques
- Learning how to guide students safely into and out of poses
- Arm Balances – Grasshopper, Firefly, Peacock
- Inversions – Advanced Headstands (on pointer finger tips, pressing to forearm balance), Hands-free shoulderstand, Lotus shoulderstand,
- Forearm balance, Handstand
- Forward Bends – Leg behind the head, Tortoise, Vishvamittrasana
- Back Bends – Full Bow, King Cobra, Wheel Drop-backs/Jump Overs, Kapotasana
- Twists – Bound Matseyendrasana, Bharavadjrasana
- Dedicated Pranayama, Mantra and Yoga Philosophy
$660 + 5% GST
Includes Tuition & Manual
For Dates, Times and Location of the Next Training: TBA – please reach out to us to be put on the waitlist
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite but some yoga experience is required.
Teacher: Steve Fazzari, 800hr DYRT, BSc