My teacher said: “You are always living out one of the stories in the sacred texts”
Come and discover the archetypes and themes that we are all living out in daily life.
When I was in India 20 years ago, I learned the stories orally as they were traditionally shared, non-linearly and over a sacred fire. It was as if I had never heard with my heart before and this experience charmed me onto the Yogic path.
I believe these stories have the power to Awaken you and inspire your Dharma, your life’s purpose.
You will understand yoga from its roots, through the richness of Vedic literature and history. You’ll see how it contributes to your daily life and you’ll learn how the myths were meant to be tools in of daily yogic knowledge.
You will be able to tell a good story, theme a class and develop a personal relationship with the deities in a non-religious, non-dogmatic context.
We will discuss the characters and the significance of the Bhagavad-Gita, Mahabharata, and Ramayana.
We won’t leave out the “shadow” characters or demons, as we will learn as much from them as we do from the characters we revere!
What this course includes:
The most significant myths, mantra, and contemplation for each Deity:
- Shiva and Parvati ~ represent the divine union of the masculine and feminine on earth. You will come to appreciate the importance of union and duality.
- Durga ~ is known as the Goddess of Justice. She is so much more and she will show you how to stand in integrity and Truth with Grace.
- Kali Maa ~ is often the most misunderstood Goddess of Life, not Death. Her empowered Truth will inspire your path.
- Maha Lakshmi ~ is the Goddess of Abundance, she shows us how to adorn our bodies and sacred space in this world.
- Hanuman ~ is the most devoted friend of the Gods and Goddesses. From his childhood to his great part in the Ramayana, you will love this cheeky monkey!
- Ganesha ~ the beloved elephant-headed God of Writers and Thieves. He removes and creates obstacles in our lives.
- Krishna ~ is known as the great Lover, the God of Bliss and Play. You will come to learn of his great contribution to the epic war and the true meaning of the Bhagavad-Gita often misunderstood.
- Lalitha Devi ~ is another delightful form of Shakti. She is the Spiritual heat of awakening and presence.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of philosophy or Vedic thought to take this course. If you do have some education in this field, you will learn what you cannot find in books or on Google.
These teachings were passed orally and will be passed to you in that tradition so you can feel the vitality and life force of these energies and fundamental building blocks of the development of consciousness.
This course is Yoga Alliance certified and has the option to be included in your 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training hours.
Watch out for the next training in November 2018 at Karma Teachers, Vancouver