When I first learned about Ayurveda, it just made sense. It was natural, easy and in alignment with Nature. All these years later, its simplicity continues to surprise me. Once you learn Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga, Yoga makes sense in a different way. This time-tested science has demonstrated its efficacy for over 2000 years.
Learning Ayurvedic principles is a great gift whether you are a yoga teacher or someone who is interested in health and longevity. At the core of these principles is the prevention of disease and understanding your personal constitution.
Ayurvedic doctors (Vaidyas) spend lifetimes mastering their craft as it’s passed down through the family line. We will learn enough to keep you occupied for a good long while, a few years depending on how prolific you are!
No pre-requisite is required. However, this will greatly enhance your yoga teaching as you come to understand how the seasons, time of day and cycles of life affect your yoga practice.
Come find out why Ayurveda is so good for your health:
- True preventative medicine
- Live with vitally
- Treats the whole body
- Increase your immunity
- Time-tested history of success
- Improves mental health
- How to bring this into your life and yoga classes with confidence
Ayurvedic Studies – An in-depth discovery of Ayurvedic philosophy, principles, digestion and nutrition, massage, personal constitution, and cycles.
- Determine your constitution – your mind-body type based on the 5 element theory
- Learn when you are out of balance and how to balance your doshas
- Learn what Ayurveda means and ayurvedic massage techniques
- Learn what the Gunas are and why they are relevant to your daily life
- Learn the principles of Digestion and best nutrition for you personally
- Learn how the fundamentals of eating, sleeping, and environment can bring balance according to Ayurveda
- Learn to integrate the cleansing and self-care practices
Ayurveda means the knowledge of life. Learning about the doshas helps you to see a more holistic and compassionate perspective of yourself and others.
A course for both students and yoga teachers to deepen their knowledge of Ayurvedic principles on and off the mat. Take your yoga practice to the next level by learning this time-tested knowledge of living in balance.
•5 yoga classes for each type of student
•Ojas & Agni theory
•Self-care & Daily Routine
•Your dosha, tri-dosha & 5 elements theory
•Self-pulsing and Panchakarmas (cleansing)
•Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation for Doshas
•Ayurvedic massage techniques
•Ayurvedic Nutrition for your constitution
Next Intensive is At Karma Teachers September 2018!
This course is Yoga Alliance certified and has the option to be included in your 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training hours.
You will not be a certified Ayurvedic consultant as a result of this course. You will, however, have many new tools that will enhance both your own health and your yoga student’s experience.
Foundation of Ayurveda – 40 hour program
Sept 26th – Sept 30th; 8am – 4pm
at KARMA TEACHERS 2018
Contact me for more information on FB | email | Tw
*15 students max.